Friday, March 16, 2012

Welcome to My World...

This is my initial foray into the world of blogging...A very dear friend of mine suggested I write a sports blog as a result of my rambling rants during last weeks ACC tournament.

Since this is entry #1 in this blog let me introduce myself...I am an avid sports fan and photographer, especially when it comes to my kids and their sporting endeavours. I have three children. Two daughters and a son who is currently playing club and middle school soccer. This pretty much dominates my free time in the evenings and weekends. He is a goalkeeper and has dedicated himself to becoming the best net minder he can be and works extremely hard at getting better on the soccer pitch. Needless to say I am a proud Dad and if you hang around this blog long I'm sure you'll figure that out. I typically shoot a multitude of photos of my son and his soccer teams so don't be surprised if you see some of 'em pop up here from time to time.

I have a daughter at East Carolina University so I guess by default I am a pseudo-Pirates fan and I also have a daughter who is a junior in high school...

So that's the family run down. As for me, Once upon a time I covered high school sports for several small town newspapers in Rutherford County in the foothills of North Carolina. While covering the Rutherford County high school scene a friend, Tommy Luckadoo and I published a small tabloid that chronicled the R-S Central Hilltoppers boys basketball team and their perfect season in which they captured their first State Championship...I am a graduate of UNCC with a degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, I attended North Carolina State University way back in 1976 when I was fortunate enough to be an equipment manager on the football team. I was privileged to be in the same Freshman class as Bill Cowher and Jim Ritcher maybe you've heard of 'em...Suffice it to say I am a Wolfpack fan from way, way back...So on this blog you'll no doubt get some Charlotte 49er flavor, N.C. State Wolfpack flavor and probably a little ECU Pirate flavor for good measure...Also there's the Atlanta Braves in major league baseball (been a fan of the Braves since they made the mover to the ATL in the 60's), the Carolina Panthers (I do live in the Queen City of the South after all)...and the Charlotte Eagles of the USL Pro division and the Lady Eagle of the USL W-League...

Finally on a not so sporting issue, but one that is near and dear to my heart...Local musicians. I am a big fan of all the local bands that keep us entertained on a weekly and nightly basis...I shoot pictures for a number of these bands and really enjoy the experience. So you'll probably get the occasional entry about my good friends in the bands...

I guess that about covers that...now on to more pressing issues...

No comments:

Post a Comment